Social determinants of health, HIV, and activism
Time & Location
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian
The session aims to:
- Discuss advocacy strategies at the global and local levels to hold responsible the policymakers mandated to act to address social and structural determinants of HIV health outcomes;
- Galvanize civil society to demand action address key social and structural determinants of local HIV epidemics; and
- Continue ongoing and/or develop new collaboration(s) to accelerate action to end extreme poverty, inequalities, marginalization, and the AIDS epidemic.
Session Programme and Information:
- Welcoming remarks on the mandate to act on social and structural drivers by Charles King, CEO of Housing Works
- Panel Discussion on the Social Determiants of health and advocacy strategies with Stacy Velásquez, RedLacTrans; Cynthia Navarrete, PLAPERTS; Gisela Sambrano, REDUMEX; Amaya Ordorika Imaz, ReverdeSer Celectivo & Red LANPUD
- Moderated Discussion
- Closing statement by Naike Ledan, Haiti Country Director of Housing Works
- Highlights from HIV2020: A Recap of the "Dollarrs and Sense of Effective Grantmaking" Session. Article by FCAA.
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!
For more information please contact Rafael Torruella at R.Torruella@housingworks.org