Stigma: Measure it, Act on it, End it
Time & Location
About the Event
The Session Recordings in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish will be made available shortly!
With the launch of The Global Partnership for Action to Eliminate all Forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination initiative in 2018, it is critical for communities to take a leading role in fighting HIV-related stigma and discrimination and will lead the implementation phase of the Global Partnership on national and regional level.
This session will describe how communities can collect evidence using the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 and systematically use the results for targeted advocacy through six differentsettings, including: health, justice, workplace, household, education andemergency. The session will provide an overview to communities on how theycan make advocacy more effective: using the Global Partnership frameworkto ensure advocacy is being well supported - both financially and politically - and to use the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 to conduct evidence-based advocacy interventions.
A hands-on toolkit on how to use the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 data for advocacy purposes will be presented during this session, as well as first-handexperiences from country level to showcase community initiatives. This will be followed by a moderated discussion with the audience to provide anopportunity for peer-to-peer learning.
Session Programme - detailed information coming soon!
- Welcoming remarks by Sophie Brion, ICW [Click here to access the video screened during the session]
- Part I: Three decades of fighting HIV-related stigma and discrimination: Where are we now?
- An introduction to the Global Partnership for Action to eliminate all forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination by Alexandra Volgina, GNP+
- Technical support from regional PLHIV networks towards community groups at country level by Harry Prabowo, Asia Pacific Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (APN+)
- Lessons learned from advocacy in Ukraine by Valeria Rachinskava, 100% Life
- Summarising key messages from Part I by Sophie Brion, ICW
- Part II: Addressing HIV-related stigma and discrimination with evidence-based advocacy
- Introduction to the People Living with HIV Stigma Index 2.0 by Annah Sango, GNP+
- Country experience with advocacy actions based on the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 results in Zimbabwe by Annah Sango, GNP+
- Country experience with advocacy actions based on the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 results in Vietnam by Dong Do Dang, Vietnam Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (VNP+)
- Introducing the PLHIV Stigma Index Advocacy Toolkit by Pim Looze, GNP+
- Using PLHIV Stigma Index data for advocacy in Global Partnership for Action Platform by Alexandra Volgina, GNP+
- Question & Answer and Discussion with participants and speakers
- Closing Remarks by Sophie Brion, ICW
- PLHIV Stigma Index Advocacy Toolkit in English, other languages will be available on the PLHIV Stigma Index Website shortly!
- Stigma Reduction Guide for Religious and Faith Group Leaders
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!
For more information, please contact Pim Looze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#PLHIVatthecenter #LastMileFirst #endHIVstigma #ReclaimTheResponse #NormalizingHIVChallenge